Just like the main event, this one-off paper packs plenty of opinion. Within the pages you'll find specially commissioned contributions from established and notable designers, and much more besides.
Sure, it contains some conference-specific info (which we think you'll find useful when you watch the forthcoming free videos), but with the contributions and other nuggets we think it's too good to be enjoyed by only 650 people.
Contributors and contents
- Frank Chimero offers some handwritten thoughts
- Trent Walton shares his innovative product ideas
- Greg Wood takes over the centrefold
- Mark Boulton authors your journey and mine
- Brendan Dawes suggests we live in the future
- Jon Tan explains narrative and storytelling
- The Standardistas help us establish a visual grammar
- James Willock sets about critiquing academia
- Jason Cale considers subjective attachment in collaborative design
- Simon Collison explores the role of this and other conferences
- Conference schedule, speaker profiles, topics and more
- Messages from sponsors, including a couple of special offers
- Printed by The Guardian Print Centre, Longbridge Road, Manchester M17 1SN UK
- Format: Half Berliner (235mm x 315mm)
- Paper 52gsm improved newsprint
- Extent: 28 pages, four colour print
- Typeset in Akzidenz Grotesk BQ and FF Meta Serif
- Edited by Simon Collison
- Subedited by Relly Annett-Baker
- Designed by Oliver Wood at Joff + Ollie
Why are we selling these?
This small charge helps us cover the design and production of the paper, plus digital storage and distribution, postage if relevant, and the sheer expense of organising the event and paying our speakers. Plus, it's nice to share.
Credit and thanks
Thank you to all of the contributors for allowing us to distribute their work, and to Relly for the eagle eyes. Our gratitude also goes out to the wonderful sponsors. Last but not least, enormous thanks to Oliver for his commitment to this project and his skills in newspaper layout and production.